1. I had seen this website years ago. But I was sucked back in the minute I started looking at the site. Young House Love is the story of a couple and the renovations they undertook on their first and second home. What they did to improve their home was absolutely incredible. I wish I had their creativity and eye for putting things together.
2. I’ve never really been a fan of elite gymnastics, but after watching all the episodes of Make it or break it, I found myself on Google looking up some famous Olympic routines. I found myself amazed at clips of Nastia Liukin’s fluidity on beam. It’s a shame that gymnasts have such short careers they are truly amazing athletes.
3. I recently actually started paying attention to my pinterest account. I find it kind of fun to make “boards” of things I find interesting. Are you on pinterest too? Add me!
4. I finally tried a version of Oh She Glow’s Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl. It was absolutely incredible. I made some changes but it’s pretty close to Angela’s amazing recipe. You should absolutely try it. It’s 100% worthwhile and delicious.
Recipe: Tahini-lemon protein power bowl
Summary: Adapted from: Oh She Glow’s Protein Power Goddess Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked speltberries
- 1 can small red beans
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, for sautéing
- 1 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 15 grape tomato, sliced
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 batch of Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing
- Cook speltberries as directed on package.
- Sautee red onion, garlic, red bell pepper, tomato, kale and cilantro.
- Mix speltberries, small red beans, and sauteed mixture with Dressing. Toss.
- Tastes great hot or cold.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe: Tahini Lemon Dressing
Summary: From: Oh She Glows (only slightly modified)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
- Blend in a food processor until smooth
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
This recipe will definitely be in my repertoire of make ahead recipes to munch on during the week.
Did I mention the dressing is to die for. I’m sure it will find it’s way into other food items.
What are your Latest Obsessions?