1. Recipe development, I’ve been working on veganizing a recipe that my friend Kristina gave me. It’s a gluten-free pancake recipe. I ended up with some binding issues, then with some burning issues. I used both the vinegar method and the chia egg method. Then I got frustrated and tried to bake them. Perfection!
Is it against some kind of pancake law to have vegan pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes baked like cookies?
2. Soup or Compost? I threw together a soup tonight. I had to use up peppers, tomatoes and kale. The tomatoes were getting soft and bruised, the peppers had some wrinkled spots and the kale was withered. A couple more days and they would have ended up in the compost bin. If the recipe turns out I’ll post it soon.
3. I lost my office with a door and moved into a cube with a window. It was a win situation for me. I always found the office to be stuffy. Now I get views like this.
4. A gratuitous picture of my wedding cake. A bunch of my friends and acquaintances on facebook are getting married. I decided to share the cake I had made. Our baker? A stay at home mom who did wedding cakes on the side. She did a great job doing exactly what I asked for.
Of course, back then, I knew nothing about veganism.
5. Half Marathon! This weekend is my first race of my 12.1/2 marathons.12 challenge. I’m racing in the smuttynose paloosa indoor half marathon in Milford, New Hampshire. I’ll be racing in the last race and probably be one of the last to finish. But my goal this year isn’t to run fast… it’s to run lots.
6. Recipage. I’ve started converting all my recipes into a recipage database. It’s going to take a while but I think it’s going to be so much better than what I have now. I’m so excited that the pro-features are free now.