1) Still pregnant, on Saturday we will be at 38 weeks. I would be thrilled if she decided to make an early appearance at this point.
2) My biggest complaints lately are the bulging disk in my back occasionally making me want to cry and heartburn from hell. I understand why there is prescription medication for acid reflux disease now.
3) For some reason my back pain has brought up a lot of memories of rowing. Despite all the time I spent in physical therapy and in a chiropractor’s office over the years, I miss rowing.
4) Little A’s bedroom is enormous (approximately 20′ x 14′). So I put my office and rowing machine up there. I did a little video tour of the baby’s room for my mom, so it’s not exactly scripted out. Warning, those who live in tiny apartments may want to cry.
5) Our cat Audrey makes a brief appearance in the video. She’s been living in a four cat household for almost 2 months while our friends’ home is being built. She’s not impressed by one of the cats but is getting along fine with the other.
6) Audrey also turned 5 years old this summer. I’m not sure how that happened, she still looks like a kitten to me.
7) We are refinancing the house in the next few weeks. Between “nesting” and getting the house ready for reappraisal, I’ve been a cleaning machine.
8) I’m never usually a cleaning machine, so my hubby is probably thrilled with the progress.
9) Except when I try to do everything by myself and spend the next several days whining about my back.
10) My laptop stopped working several weeks ago. I decided to dedicate my time to getting the house ready for everything coming up. I haven’t even tried fixing it. They say a clean house is a sign of a broken computer right?
11) Because my computer is broken I’ve really put off some interesting blog posts I came up with.
12) One of those blog posts was going to be about the 14 half marathons I did while pregnant. I was going to do a 15th this weekend, but at 38 weeks, with a bad back, I’m thinking of bowing out gracefully.
13) I even came up with some new food posts with recipes. Butternut squash stuffed with cranberries and pumpkin seeds anyone? My friends devoured that entree.
14) Maybe I’ll remember the recipe once I get the computer fixed. I should really take better notes when I make random things.
15) I bought gnocchi and butternut squash last night. I think this is a sign I should make one of my all time favorites for dinner tonight.
16) Tonight is Cooper’s (our poodle) last agility class until January. We are only going to miss a 6 week session, but I hope he doesn’t miss it too much.
17) I’ve been using coupons again (couponing, is that a word?) and stockpiling on things we need when there are sales. I currently have 6 boxes of kitty litter in the trunk of my car. I have an entire closet dedicated to stockpiling diapers. So far I’ve been good at getting only stuff I actually need and will use.
18) Last time I did the coupon thing I ended up with boxes and boxes of hamburger helper… but I don’t eat hamburger.
19) I’m looking forward to being able to post my adventures in food, sports and parenthood again.
20) Maybe I should take a look at that computer… once I finish organizing the laundry room.