I have some amazing blog posts in the works, but other aspects of my life have been taking over. Shall we discuss them in a random rambling list?
- As I was preparing to return to work full time after the baby (I had been working for them part time since she was 4 weeks old), my boss had me come in because he needed to lay me off. It was purely financial and I’ll get a great recommendation from him, but the timing wasn’t great. Come to think of it, when is a layoff ever timed right. I’m excited about exploring other opportunities and getting more time with my daughter, but my mind has been on finding a new job more than playing around on my hobby.
- As I was polishing off my resume and submitting it to sites, I got sick. I got sick enough that the coughing made me lose my voice. Little A didn’t seem to get sick. I was sick for the better part of a week. Hubby has it now, lets hope he doesn’t drag on like I have.
- I have been in kind of a funk athletically since Little A was born. I just don’t care that much about training. Other moms of the world, I get it now. The last thing you want to do once the baby is in bed is get in a workout. So I went ahead and signed up for one of those crazy obstacle races. You know, a half marathon on a mountain requiring that you go through 25 or so obstacles? Why yes, I am slightly crazy. I’m hoping that the race will get me to want to train again.
- I’m a little hesitant to share Little A’s medical details on the blog because she deserves privacy. But I was relived to find out last week that a minor health issue would likely resolve itself and if it didn’t (only a 15% chance) they wouldn’t fix it until she was 3 years old. It’s actually so minor that in males they wouldn’t even bother surgically repairing it.
- I plan on visiting my college professors to ask if I can do some guest lecturing when they need someone to fill in. I want to be able to get a job as an adjunct professor in the future, so I need to get some lecturing experience.
- I’m behind on posting my daily pictures, but I’m proud to say the streak is still going strong.
Hopefully I’ll find a new job soon and I’ll be able to get in a routine where my posts are somewhat predictably spaced.